The winners for the 2019 DIRISA Student Datathon Challenge were:
- First Place Team – University of Johannesburg (UJHonours_Team255). This team’s solution was a mental health application used to identify and assist people with mental health issues.
- Second Place Team – North West University (TeamNWU). Solution – Object detection in video surveillance systems.
- Third Place Team – Sol Plaatjie University (DigitalAge). Solution – Uber for Emergency Medical Services in the North West Province.
- Best Team – Diversity Mixed Team (WITS, NWU, Tsako Thabo High School and Lethlabile High School). Solution – Understanding High School Performance in South African Schools.
- Best Female – Kayleigh Slogrove (UJ)
- Best Male – Karabo Manasoe (WITS)
[ngg src=”galleries” ids=”27″ display=”basic_thumbnail” thumbnail_crop=”0″]Prizes for the datathon were generously sponsored by Altron Bytes and Redhat:
The prizes were:
1st place – Huawei Cellphone + Wireless charging radio and bluetooth speaker
2nd place – 10inch tablet + wireless headphones
3rd place – 7inch tablet
Best team – wireless bluetooth speaker
Best Female – Tech hamper
Best Mlae – wireless headphones